a. Erasmus Students
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- İYTE Exchange Student Application Form
- Learning Agreement
- Transcript of Records
- Copy of the registration at the home institution or university card
1. Fill in İYTE Exchange Student Application Form.
2. You should also fill in Learning Agreement with your home Erasmus/ECTS co-ordinator. This form will be important in the recognition of your studies at İYTE when you return to your home institution. The Learning Agreement should state the ECTS credits of each course you select. Preferably, your home university international co-ordinator contacts the corresponding Erasmus/ECTS co-ordinator at İYTE to discuss and agree about your studies.
3. The Learning Agreement has to be approved by the signatures of your own and departmental Erasmus/ECTS co-ordinator and institutional Erasmus/ECTS co-ordinator of your home institution. The Agreement should also be signed by the corresponding Erasmus/ECTS co-ordinator and institutional Erasmus/ECTS co-ordinator of İYTE as the receiving institution. A copy of the completely signed Agreement will be returned to your home International Office. If any of your course choice changes after you started your study period, the change should be stated in the Learning Agreement and again signed by the above persons.
4. In case of any question about your study and course selection, you can contact to your departmental Erasmus /ECTS co-ordinator at İYTE related to your field of study.
5. Transcript of Records form of your home institute, attached with the transcript taken to date should also be sent to the Office of International Relations.
6. İYTE will send you a formal Letter of Acceptance specifying dates and duration of stay etc.. You may need this letter for obtaining your visa. Our Office will fax a copy of this Letter so that you can apply for your visa as soon as possible. The original Letter will also be mailed to your home institution.
7. You must apply for the Student Visa before coming to Turkey. Please click for more information about Student Visa.
8. If you want to stay at İYTE Dormitories during your study period, you should fill in and e-mail "Incoming Student Housing Form” at least 2 months before the start of your stay, to ensure a room. If you want to stay off-campus, before your arrival, upon request, the Office of International Relations and/or your İYTE friend will help you to find a comfortable house to rent. Please find more information about accommodation.
9. Please let İYTE Office of International Relations know your date of arrival and departure as soon as possible.
10. Erasmus exchange students are met at the airport by host students (İYTE Friend) upon request. You should notify the Office of International Relations about your exact flight date, time and number at least one week before your arrival if you want to be met.
11. İYTE Office of International Relations will e-mail you “Incoming Exchange Student Guide” which contains useful information for you.
12. Please send your passport size photo in jpeg type by e-mail two weeks before coming to İYTE. So that our Office can apply to the Office of the Registrar in order to obtain your İYTE Student ID Card.
13. After your arrival contact your departmental Erasmus Co-ordinator at İYTE who can help you with your study program. Contact our Office of International Relations to get your student ID card, to get help in application for residence permit and with other practical matters. The Office of International Relations will also introduce you to your İYTE Friend who will help you during your stay at İYTE.
14. If your stay at İYTE exceeds three months, you must apply for a residence permit within one month after you arrive in Turkey . An International Officer or the İYTE Friend assigned to each Erasmus student at İYTE will accompany and assist incoming Erasmus students with the Residence Permit process.
15. At the end of your study period, you should get your Transcript of Records that indicates your learning achievements at İYTE. An official copy of Transcript of Records will also be forwarded to your home institution’s International Office. Your International Officer will guide you in this process.
16. It is essential for incoming students to have health insurance. They should find out before leaving for İYTE whether or not their home insurance covers medical costs while in Turkey . Please see more information about health insurance.
THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
17. For incoming Erasmus exchange students Ms. Özge Topçuoğlu is the contact person. Please send the required documents/photos to her and contact for any question (except the academic ones):
Özge Topçuoğlu, MS
Incoming Exchange Students International Officer
İzmir Institute of Technology
Office of International Relations
İYTE Library Building C-Block
Urla TR-35430 Izmir Turkey
Tel: +90 232 750 78 92
Facsimile: +90 232 750 78 91
b. Internship Students & Students Participating in Projects
International students interested in doing an internship or participating in a project at İzmir Institute of Technology must fill in the form below in English.
These students do not have to register İzmir Institute of Technology hence they do not have to pay any fees. The start and finish dates of the internship or project study can be defined by student and his/her advisor at İzmir Institute of Technology.
The form should be mailed to the Department that the student is applying to and it should be sent to the attention of the Head of the Department.
When you are accepted by the Department to do an internship or to participate in a project, the agreement below should be signed by you and submitted to your Head of Department in İzmir Institute of Technology by mail.
c. International Students Seeking Diplomas
Admission of international students to undergraduate programmes is regulated at İYTE by Office of the Registrar. Requirements for admission, student quotas and deadline for applications are announced for every academic year from the main web page of İYTE.
In order to have general information about the admission please read the following announcement which was made for students commencing undergraduate studies in Fall 2006. Specific details of admission requirements at the Institute may vary from year to year and the interested international student is advised to contact Office of the Registrar.
Admission of international students to master/doctorate programmes is regulated at İYTE by The Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences. Requirements for admission, specific details and deadline for applications are announced for every academic year from the main web page of İYTE.
In order to have general information about the admission please read the following announcement which was made for students commencing master/doctorate studies in Fall 2006. Specific details of admission requirements at the Institute may vary from year to year and the interested international student is advised to contact The Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences or Head of the Department you want to apply for.
d. Special Student Status
According to İzmir Institute of Technology Regulations Concerning Admission and Registration of Students Article 8:
“Special Student” is a student who is only allowed to take courses without being enrolled to an academic programme. Special students can receive a transcript showing the courses and grades they have taken. Diplomas and degrees are not granted to special students.
A special student who is later accepted as a student at İYTE transfer their grades and credits gained during the special student status. These grades and credits should be approved by the related Committee.
Admission of special students to undergraduate level courses should be approved by the Head of Department and the Dean. Admission of special students to graduate level courses should be approved by the Head of Programme and the Director of the Graduate School .
Admission of Special Students
According to İzmir Institute of Technology Regulations Concerning Graduate Education in the Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences Article 7:
a) Persons who have graduated from an institute of higher education at undergraduate level and who want to learn more about a specific subject may be allowed to take graduate level course, as special students, upon positive thought of the related Head of Programme with the conclusion of Graduate School Executive Committee.
b) Persons who want to register as a special student should apply to the İYTE Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences with a letter of application and diploma (undergraduate or graduate) at the beginning of the academic semester containing the intended course.
c) Special students can not benefit from any student right.
d) Special students should pay course fee per credit to register the course. This fee is determined by İYTE Senate at the beginning of each academic semester.
e) Special students are able to attend graduate courses by providing at least one of the requirements mentioned in Article 2/f* (see below) of this Regulation.
f) Course fees may not be paid back to the special student who wants to withdraw a registered course.
g) Special students have to obey the regulations, directives and principles of İYTE and Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences in the cases of study, examinations and assessment, discipline etc.
* Article 2/f: Those can directly register to the programmes they have been selected: Ones coming from an institute having language of instruction totally in English, ones having the grade determined by İYTE Senate from KPDS, ÜDS or international tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, CPE, CAE, FCE, and ones grduate from an undergraduate or graduate programme of İYTE.