IZTECH 2023-2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSION
TO UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
IZTECH Undergraduate Degree Applications
You can find the information on the application to 2023-2024 Academic Year International Student Admission to Undergraduate Programs as in stated order below on this webpage.
Application dates, application requirements; exams accepted for applications, application-admission-registration dates, important notice on application-admission-registration, department quotas, required application documents, applicants whose application will/will not be accepted, evaluation of applications, English preparatory class exemption conditions, tuition fees, IZTECH Undergraduate Programs International Student Admission and Education Directive and contact information.
Application Dates: 03 April-19 May 2023
- Applications can be made online on the application page from April 03rd to May 19th, 2023 (Türkiye timezone GMT+3).
- The required documents must be uploaded to the system.
- Candidates will be able to choose 3 departments during the application.
- Please click here for the application page. The application page will be active during the duration of the application period.
Exams accepted for Applications
Exams accepted for the application dated 03 April-19 May 2023.
The Exam For Foreign Students For Higher Education in Türkiye (TR-YÖS) or the SAT 1 (SAT Reasoning Test).
Students who will be accepted from abroad must get at least 300 points from TR-YÖS or 600 points from the Mathematics section of the SAT 1 (SAT Reasoning Test) exam.
The validity period of the TR-YÖS exam and SAT exam is 2 years retrospectively from the application deadline.
Only high school diploma is not enough for applying to IZTECH.
Exams accepted for Additional Application Period dated 14-18 August 2023
Additional Application Period is for the quotas remaining vacant after the application dated 03 April-19 May 2023
TR-YÖS, İÜYÖS, AYÖS or ATAYÖS exams.
TRYÖS ( The Exam For Foreign Students For Higher Education in Türkiye), İÜYÖS (İstanbul University Exam for International Students), AYÖS (Ankara University Exam for International Students) and ATAYÖS (Atatürk University International Student Admission Exam).
Students who will be accepted from abroad for the additional application period must get at least 300 points from TR-YÖS or 70 points from İÜYÖS, AYÖS or ATAYÖS exams.
The validity period of the TR-YÖS exam is 2 years and İÜYÖS, AYÖS and ATAYÖS exams are 1 year retrospectively from the application deadline.
2023-2024 Academic Year Calender of International Student Application, Admission and Registration to Undergraduate Programs
|International Student Applications to Undergraduate Programs||03 April-19 May 2023|
|Announcemet of the list of main and substitute candidates on the website of the International Office ( http://uio.iyte.edu.tr )||14 June 2023|
|Registration documents and tuition fee submission dates for the main candidates||10-14 July 2023|
|Announcement of substitute candidates eligible for registration||21 July 2023|
|Registration documents and tuition fee submission dates for the substitute candidates||24-28 July 2023|
Additional Application Period for International Undergraduate Students
(This application period is for the quotas remaining vacant after the application dated 03 April-19 May 2023.)
|14-18 August 2023|
|Announcemet of the list of main candidates on the website of the International Office for the Additional Application Period||08 September 2023|
|The dates for submitting Originals of the Registration Documents by coming to IZTECH Registrar’s Office in person in order to complete the process related to the deadlines stated above||08-22 September 2023|
Important Notice on Application-Admission-Registration
1. It is candidate’s own responsibility to ensure the completeness of the application documents. In case of missing documents, your application will not be evaluated.
2. You will only finalize your application process if you click the “OK” button in the last tab named “Program Applied”. Then your application will reach our database. An e-mail will be sent automatically to your e-mail address. PLEASE USE THIS “OK” BUTTON ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE THAT YOU HAVE UPLOADED ALL DOCUMENTS AND FILLED IN ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION.
3. The main candidates whose names appear on the accepted students list published on June 14, 2023 must pay the the tuition fee and submit the registration documents within the dates 10-14 July 2023 in order to gain the right to register.
4. In case the main candidates do not register, the candidates who are entitled to register among the determined substitute candidates are announced as much as the number of vacant quotas on the basis of the program on July 21, 2023. For the subtitute candidates announced on July 21, 2023; in order to gain the right to register, the dates to pay the tuition fee and to submit the registration documents are in July 24-28, 2023.
5. The acceptance letter is sent via e-mail by International Office to the candidates’ application e-mail addresses (to the main candidates whose names appear on the list published on June 14, 2023 and the substitute candidates whose names appear on the list published on July 21, 2023).
6. The candidates who pay the tuition fee and submit the registration documents on time stated above must come in person to IZTECH Registrar’s Office to submit the Orginals of the Registration Documents in order to complete the registration process in between the dates 08-22 September, 2023. If the orginals of the registration documents are not submitted, the registration process will not be completed.
7. The tuition fee will not be refunded to the candidates who give up their registration.
8. Candidates who make false statements or who are found to mislead the administration with any action or transaction will not be registered. The tuition fee paid by these candidates is non-refundable.
City and Regional Planning
Electronics and Communications Engineering
Energy Systems Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Molecular Biology and Genetics
You can find information on our undergraduate programs at https://en.iyte.edu.tr/academic/undergraduate-programs/
More detailed information about course content can be found at https://obs.iyte.edu.tr/oibs/bologna/index.aspx?lang=en
Required Application Documents
1. Exam Required for Application and Validity Period:
Students to be accepted from abroad must have at least 300 points from TR-YÖS or 600 points from the Mathematics section of the SAT (Reasoning Test). Candidates who meet this condition will be able to choose three departments as their preferences during the application process. TRYÖS and SAT scores are valid for 2 years as of the application deadline.
For the additional applicaton period, students must have 300 points from TR-YÖS or 70 points from İÜYÖS, AYÖS or ATAYÖS (which are valid for 1 year as of the application deadline).
2. High school diploma document indicating that the student is in the graduation stage. (If the document is not in English or Turkish: For applicants outside of Türkiye: a translation certified by a Turkish representative; For applicants within Türkiye: a translation performed by a notary)
5. Identity Card
6. Blue Card (for the ones who have)
8. For Turkish nationals, a document indicating that they completed all secondary education (high school) in a foreign country.
9. For TRNC nationals residing in TRNC who have completed secondary education (high school) in TRNC and have GCE AL exam scores, or for students who went to high school in other countries and have GCE AL exam scores: The GCE AL exam document.
10. For those who were Turkish citizens by birth but were granted permission to give up Turkish citizenship by the Ministry of Interior, documents indicating as such (Blue Card or Certificate of Identity Register Copy obtained from the Civil Registry.
11. “Entry/Exit Document of Country” covering the entire duration of secondary education for applicants those who have completed their secondary education in high schools abroad (excluding TRNC high schools), who are Turkish citizens or holding dual nationality one of them being Turkish.
A- Candidates whose application to be accepted:
a) Those who are in their last year of high school or are high school graduates and are:
1) Foreign nationals or
2) Those who were born Turkish Citizens and were granted permission to give up Turkish citizenship from the Ministry of Interior or are their minor children and registered in the certificate of renunciation and have the Certificate to Exercise Rights granted under the Turkish Citizenship Law (according to Article 7 of Turkish Citizen Law 5901, “A child born to a married Turkish father or mother, whether in Türkiye or abroad, is a Turkish citizen.”)
3) Foreign citizens who earned later Turkish Citizenship and therefore have dual citizenship
4) a) Turkish citizens who began secondary education prior to February 1, 2013 and have completed the last three years of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country other than TRNC (including those who have completed all of their secondary education in Turkish schools opened by the Ministry of National Education in a foreign country other than TRNC.)
b) Turkish citizens who began secondary education abroad following February 1st, 2013 and completed all of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country other than TRNC (including those who have completed all of their secondary education in Turkish schools opened by the Ministry of National Education in a foreign country other than TRNC.)
5) TRNC nationals who reside in TRNC and have completed secondary education (high school) in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results and those who registered for high school in foreign countries between 2005 and 2010 and have GCE AL exam results.
B- Candidates whose application will not be accepted:
1) Turkish citizens who completed all secondary education (high school) in Türkiye or TRNC.
2) TRNC nationals (except those who completed all secondary education (high school) in TRNC high schools and have a GCE AL exam results or those who registered to high schools in foreign countries between 2005 and 2010 and have GCE AL exam results.
3) Dual citizens who are Turkish by birth as specified under Article A (2) (excluding those who have completed all of their secondary education in a foreign country other than the TRNC, and those who have completed all of their secondary education at Turkish schools in a foreign country other than the TRNC),
4) Individuals with dual citizenship one of which is TRNC citizenship (excluding those who have completed all secondary education in TRNC and have GCE AL scores, and those who have completed all secondary education in other countries between 2005 and 2010 and have GCE AL scores).
5) Those who hold a Turkish citizenship or a dual citizenship including Turkish citizenship by birth as stated in Article A (2) and who have completed secondary education at schools within embassies in Türkiye or foreign high schools within Türkiye.
Evaluation of Applications
The placement process by the commission is carried out as follows.
1. TR-YÖS and SAT 1 scores are ordered from the highest to the lowest, and an evaluation list is created.
For the additional applicaton period; TR-YÖS, İÜYÖS, AYÖS and ATAYÖS scores are ordered from the highest to the lowest, and an evaluation list is created.
2. Placement starts with the candidate with the highest score. The candidate is first tried to be placed in his/her 1st preference, if the quota of the preferred department is full, his/her next preferences are tried in order. If the quotas in the candidate’s 3 preferences are also full, the candidate cannot be placed.
3. In case the candidates’ scores are equal;
a. First, the order of preference is checked.
b. If the equality continues, priority is given to the candidate with a high GPA (according to the 100-point system),
c. In case of continuing equality, placement is made by giving priority to the student whose age is younger.
4. The number of international students from the same nationality admitted to a program cannot exceed 40 percent of the number of international student quotas announced for this program. If the quota of the relevant program is not filled, candidates are placed regardless of this rule.
5. Among the candidates, the main and substitute candidates are determined as much as the number of quotas.
Language of Instruction
All courses at all faculties at IZTECH is 100% English.
Students have the chance to study English for a preparatory year at IZTECH.
Preparatory class exemption conditions for International Undergraduate Students
– SBS (English Proficiency Exam) of the School of Foreign Languages of IZTECH can be performed in single or multi-stage. The method of application of this exam is decided by the Directorate of the School of Foreign Languages of IZTECH. On SBS, the success rating is 59,50 and above.
Please click for IZTECH School of Foreign Languages Preparatory Class Exemption Terms
The tuition fees for the 2023-2024 academic year will be announced.
Tuition fees per semester for undergraduate students for the 2022-2023 academic year:
|2022-2023 Academic Year|
Tuition Fee per semester (TL)
|Faculty of Engineering||4900 TL|
|Faculty of Science||4000 TL|
|Facultyof Architecture||4900 TL|
IZTECH Undergraduate Programs International Student Admission and Education Directive
E-mail for inquiries about the application: email@example.com
Questions about the applications to undergraduate programs will be answered between the hours of 10:00-11:00 (GMT+3) and 15:00-16:00 (GMT+3) from the phone numbers +90-232-750 7896 / +90-232-750 7897.
Address: Izmir Institute of Technology International Office Gülbahçe Urla-İZMİR