IZTECH Undergraduate Degree Applications
Applications are received electronically by the International Relations Office through the Student Information System.
The application page link can be accessed at https://obs.iyte.edu.tr/oibs/ogrsis/basvuru_yabanci_login.aspx
Information about the application dates, requirements, candidates to be accepted, evaluation of applications and foreign language exemption conditions, also tuition fees for candidates who are entitled to register as a result of applications, are included below.
You can find information on our undergraduate programs at https://en.iyte.edu.tr/academic/undergraduate-programs/
More detailed information about course content can be found at
Please click here for IZTECH Undergraduate Programs International Student Admission and Education Directive.
For questions about application, please e-mail at email@example.com
Applications are accepted three times a year, in January, April and July. In April and July, applications will be accepted for unfilled vacancies from the previous semester’s admissions.
January Period Application Dates: January 25, 2021 – February 05, 2021
April Period Application Dates: April 26, 2021- May 07, 2021
July Period Application Dates: July 30, 2021- August 13, 2021
Applications are accepted three times a year, in January, April and July. In April and July, applications will be accepted for unfilled vacancies from the previous semester’s admissions. Department quotas are listed at the links given below.
Exams Required for Application and Validity Period
Students to be accepted from abroad must have at least 600 points from the Mathematics section of the SAT (Reasoning Test) or 70 from the Basic Learning Skills Test of İUYÖS. Candidates who meet one of these conditions will be able to choose three departments as their preferences during the application process. SAT scores are valid for 2 years and İÜYÖS scores are valid for 1 year as of the application deadline.
For SAT (Reasoning Test) exam: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat
For İÜYÖS exam: https://yos.istanbul.edu.tr/en/_
Required Application Documents:
1. SAT (Reasoning Test) exam or İÜYÖS exam result.
2. High school diploma document indicating that the student is in the graduation stage. (If the document is not in English or Turkish: For applicants outside of Turkey: a translation certified by a Turkish representative; For applicants within Turkey: a translation performed by a notary)
6. For Turkish nationals, a document indicating that they completed all secondary education (high school) in a foreign country.
7. For TRNC nationals residing in TRNC who have completed secondary education (high school) in TRNC and have GCE AL exam scores, or for students who went to high school in other countries and have GCE AL exam scores: The GCE AL exam document.
8. For those who were Turkish citizens by birth but were granted permission to give up Turkish citizenship by the Ministry of Interior, documents indicating as such (Blue Card or Certificate of Identity Register Copy obtained from the Civil Registry.
9. “Entry/Exit Document of Country” covering the entire duration of secondary education for applicants those who have completed their secondary education in high schools abroad (excluding TRNC high schools), who are Turkish citizens or holding dual nationality one of them being Turkish.
A- Candidates whose application to be accepted:
a) Those who are in their last year of high school or are high school graduates and are:
1) Foreign nationals or
2) Those who were born Turkish Citizens and were granted permission to give up Turkish citizenship from the Ministry of Interior or are their minor children and registered in the certificate of renunciation and have the Certificate to Exercise Rights granted under the Turkish Citizenship Law (according to Article 7 of Turkish Citizen Law 5901, “A child born to a married Turkish father or mother, whether in Turkey or abroad, is a Turkish citizen.”)
3) Foreign citizens who earned later Turkish Citizenship and therefore have dual citizenship
4) a) Turkish citizens who began secondary education prior to February 1, 2013 and have completed the last three years of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country other than TRNC (including those who have completed all of their secondary education in Turkish schools opened by the Ministry of National Education in a foreign country other than TRNC.)
b) Turkish citizens who began secondary education abroad following February 1st, 2013 and completed all of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country other than TRNC (including those who have completed all of their secondary education in Turkish schools opened by the Ministry of National Education in a foreign country other than TRNC.)
5) TRNC nationals who reside in TRNC and have completed secondary education (high school) in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results and those who registered for high school in foreign countries between 2005 and 2010 and have GCE AL exam results.
B- Candidates whose application will not be accepted:
1) Turkish citizens who completed all secondary education (high school) in Turkey or TRNC.
2) TRNC nationals (except those who completed all secondary education (high school) in TRNC high schools and have a GCE AL exam results or those who registered to high schools in foreign countries between 2005 and 2010 and have GCE AL exam results.
3) Dual citizens who are Turkish by birth as specified under Article A (2) (excluding those who have completed all of their secondary education in a foreign country other than the TRNC, and those who have complete all of their secondary education at Turkish schools in a foreign country other than the TRNC),
4) Individuals with dual citizenship one of which is TRNC citizenship (excluding those who have completed all secondary education in TRNC and have GCE AL scores, and those who have completed all secondary education in other countries between 2005 and 2010 and have GCE AL scores).
5) Those who hold a Turkish citizenship or a dual citizenship including Turkish citizenship by birth as stated in Article A (2) and who have completed secondary education at schools within embassies in Turkey or foreign high schools within Turkey.
Evaluation of Applications
Placement is carried out by the International Student Admissions Commission as follows:
a) SAT scores are converted to comparable İÜYÖS scores.
b) The converted scores are ranked from highest to lowest, creating a rubric.
c) Placement starts with the candidate with the highest score. The commission tries to place the candidate in his or her first choice first. If the quota is full, the next choices are tried in order.
d) If the quotas of the candidate’s choices are full, the candidate cannot be placed.
e) In the case that the scores of candidates are equal:
1) First, the order of preference is examined.
2) In the case of equal scores, the candidate with the higher GPA (according to the 100 point scale) is given priority.
3) In case of continuation of equality, placement is made by giving priority to the student who graduated first.
f) The placement list prepared by the Commission is sent to the relevant faculties by the International Office for the decision of the Faculty Administrative Board.
Language of Instruction
All courses at all faculties of IZTECH is 100% English. Students have the chance to study English for a preparatory year at IZTECH. Preparatory class exemption conditions for international undergraduate students are stated below.
Preparatory class exemption conditions for International Undergraduate Students
– Score 70 and above from YDS, e-YDS, YÖKDİL exams that are valid at the national level and are not older than 5 years,
– Score 84 and above from TOEFL(IBT), score 71 and above from PTE (Academic), which is internationally valid and has a specific validity period,
– Certifying that you have finished your high school education within 3 academic years from an institution that provides 100% English education.
– SBS (English Proficiency Exam) of the School of Foreign Languages of IZTECH can be performed in single or multi-stage. The method of application of this exam is decided by the Directorate of the School of Foreign Languages of IZTECH. On SBS, the success rating is 60 and above. The SBS exam will be online on September 08, 2021.
Tuition fees for undergraduate students (for the 2020-2021 academic year):
|Tuition Fee per semester (TL)|
|Faculty of Engineering||631.50 TL|
|Faculty of Science||463.50 TL|
|Facultyof Architecture||631.50 TL|
Students Exempt from Tuition Payment
International students with Turkish citizenship
Students who hold a blue card